Pages


Tuesday 20 August 2013

Breastfeeding journey

11 months and more

i have fully breastfeed and keep expressed breast milk stock for more than 11months now. I don't face any difficulties in breastfeeding my son.. So far, I produced more than what he needed.. I have to throw more than 1000 oz within these 11months.. due to expired ebm as it will only lasts up to 6month for deep freezer storage.. and I do not keep stock when i'm out station.. I will just pump and throw it/ water the plant..

Supplement.
I do not take any supplement (no Shaklee or etc..)..Just purely keep a balance diet+ drinks lots of water.. I managed to get 48oz ebm in a day previously in Transwater as I will pump 3times.. Currently, I will just pump it once/twice depends on production.. Do not depends on vitamins or pills that claim will increase your milk production. Drink warm water will be enough.

Mentally prepared
If you plan to breastfeed your loved one, please have a positive mindset throughout the journey. You will face lots of challenge later. people arounds you will start blaming you if your child get sick / have colic.. Please be calm and turn to deaf ear.. And do not be stressed if you don't have thousands of stocks left in your freezer. It will be enough to just produce as much as needed by your loved one (LO). Please start your pumping as early as Day 1.. I start to stimulate by pumping since 8mo pregnant.. and I produce milk as soon as my baby was born..

Breastpump
if you are a working mother, please secured an appropiate breastpump. It doesnt matter if it is Madela or not. You may try few choices of breastpump before you purchased it.. As for me, I'm using Ameda Dual Lactaline.. I have no problem with the pump.. And the price is not as expensive as Madela FS.
I have only spent around RM1000 to get a full set of breastfeeding accesories.. Including breastpump, mama bag, cooler bag, drying rack, ebm bottles, ebm storage pack, nursing bra, breast pad, and few others free gift from One baby world..

Solid Food
Your child will drink less once they start their solid food.. As for my son, his latest snack was at 8pm.. I will not tolerate giving him heavy food after 8pm.. a few bites of fruits/ baby puff will be enough. This is to avoid sugar rush during the night. Trust me, by 11 o'clock, they will fall asleep. Just feed them with milk to occupy the need to eat something.

First teeth
Another challenge in breastfeeding : First bite!.. Sometimes, your LO will get excited over his new pair of teeth.. Be very patient.. It will hurt.. But just bear it.. maybe you can stick your finger into his mouth once they bite.. Luckily, my son didnt bite that often. I will stop feeding him once he is full..
Dont be like this mom :- (read below article.. The mum stab his son 90 times because his son bites his nipple.. And I cried reading this.)poor child..

No comments: